We would like to make an announcement for students who are interested to apply Minmahaw Summer School program, it (the summer school) has been cancelled for this year (2018-2019).
Minmahaw Summer School aims to:
- familiarise students with learning and communicating in an English language immersion environment.
- familiarise students with the investigative, interactive approach to teaching and learning as used in contemporary international education systems.
- develop individual study patterns.
- develop skills to allow a smooth transition from school education to the beginnings of tertiary and/or vocational education.
- encourage each student to become a contributing member of a total school community.
- develop students’ self-confidence.
- evaluate student readiness to continue to further education.
- includes General English, Reading, Listening, Book Study, Writing, Speaking
- USSR (Uninterrupted Sustained Silent Reading
- Critical Thinking
- Social Studies
May include subjects such as:
- Environmental Studies, Daily Fitness, Visual Arts, Music, Crafts, Dance, Photography, Physical Education, Nutrition, First Aid, History, Health Issues in Asia, Food and Hospitality, Tourism.
N.B. All classes except English will be mixed-ability classes.
The school day:
- Monday — Thursday: 8.00am — 3.00pm
- Friday: 8.00am — 1.00pm
- School ends each week at the conclusion of Assembly, which will begin at 12.30pm Friday.
- All lessons, except for USSR and Physical Activities, are 1 hour duration.
- Students should bring their own lunch each day.
Stationery and specified text books will be provided. (Students will not use the same texts or course topics that are used in the secondary or Teacher Education programs.)
Students absent from Summer School for more than a total of three days without confirmation from Minmahaw School management will be excluded.
Registered students must attend Summer School Orientation on Monday 27th March, 2017 before classes commence.
Please note that Minmahaw Summer School will close for the following holidays:
- March 25th
- Good Friday (Christian Easter holiday)
- April 13th – 17th
- Songkran (Thai), Thin Gyan (Burmese), Water Festival (Buddhist New Year)
Minmahaw School Academic Year:
The Academic Year Entrance Exam will be held on (information will be provided).
The Academic Year will commence on (information will be provided).
N.B. Summer School is not
- the start of
- the prerequisite for
- a practice / rehearsal for
the Minmahaw Academic Year program.
Si Pi Thong (School Manager)
Phone : +66 090 6798108
Email: [email protected]