"How to Volunteer"
If you would like to volunteer at Minmahaw school please download and complete the Volunteer Information Form attached below and send to email@example.comVolunteer Form
Where is Minmahaw School?
It is located in Mae Sot, Thailand.
Mae Sot (Thai: แม่สอด, pronounced [mɛ̂ː sɔ̀ːt]; Burmese: မဲဆောက်, [mɛ́ sʰaʊʔ]; Shan: ႄႈသၢႆ, [ɛ sʰaaj]) is a city in western Thailand that shares a border with Myanmar to the west. It is notable as a trade hub and for its substantial population of Burmese migrants and refugees. The city is part of Tak Province, 87 km from the city of Tak and 492 km from Bangkok. It is home to the district headquarters of Mae Sot District, and is the main gateway between Thailand and Burma.
Things to doMake the most of your free time in Maesot, Tak and the rest of Thailand:
(across the bridge in Myanmar)
- useful when renewing a multientry visa. Be careful: a single entry visa will be cancelled on leaving Thailand so check the current policy with immigration about re-entry.
- you can spend a day in Myawaddy but must return before the border crossing is closed for the night. It will cost 500 Baht and you will need to leave your passport at Myanmar Immigration until you return.
- Kampheng Phet
- about 5-6 hours away by bus
- a nice place to go for a long weekend or longer
- Doi Suthep
- Doi Inthanon
- 8 hours by bus
- about 70 minutes by air from Maesot airport (you fly in to Don Muang)