Make the most of your free time in Maesot, Tak and the rest of Thailand:
Myawaddy (across the bridge in Myanmar)
- useful when renewing a multientry visa. Be careful: a single entry visa will be cancelled on leaving Thailand so check the current policy with immigration about re-entry.
- you can spend a day in Myawaddy but must return before the border crossing is closed for the night. It will cost 500 Baht and you will need to leave your passport at Myanmar Immigration until you return.
Ancient Cities and Ruins
- Kampheng Phet
- about 5-6 hours away by bus
- a nice place to go for a long weekend or longer
- Doi Suthep
- Doi Inthanon
- 8 hours by bus
- about 70 minutes by air from Maesot airport (you fly in to Don Muang)